Monday, February 6, 2012

George Burns Marries Renua Morse

I love to read old newspapers! And, while working on the 2010 St. Paul Genealogy Book, I stumbled across many very interesting items. Soon I created a file for all of these tidbits, and that file is literally overflowing even though I have only combed through newspapers from 1887-1904. Who know what I might find tomorrow? This is why I keep reading these old papers.

BURNS MARRIAGE LICENSE

On February 7, 1903, the Marysville Evening Tribune listed marriage licenses for the week. It was reported that George Freidrich Born (Burns) aged 21 and Renua Alice Morse aged 25 had submitted an application with the County Court to marry. St. Paul Lutheran Church records show that they were married on February 8, 1903.

No comments:

Post a Comment